Lung Research - Information for Patients and Families
St Vincent's Hospital is committed to improving patient care through research to help diagnose, treat, manage and prevent a vast number of diseases.
The Thoracic Medicine Department has a range of internationally renowned health professionals working together to deliver you comprehensive care.
Every year, lung diseases affect an immense number of Australians. Nearly one in three Australians have a chronic breathing condition.
Lung disease can impact a person’s quality of life – physically, emotionally, socially and financially.
Our team believes that further research is essential in the development of new treatment options and improved health outcomes.
We are engaged in various local, national and international research, covering a wide range conditions, including but not limited to:
You may have the opportunity to participate in one of our lung studies. If you are interested to learn more, you can be assured that:
- You will receive full information about the study
- You will have the opportunity to ask questions about the study
- Your participation will be completely voluntary
- You can change your mind and withdraw from the project at any stage and it will not affect your care
- Your safety, rights, dignity and confidentiality will always be respected.
If you would like to be involved in lung-related research at St Vincent's Hospital, speak with your respiratory doctor to determine if there are any suitable studies. For more information, email SVHS.firstname.lastname@example.org